- July 2, 2020
Just The Cook
Ernie’s Queso Fundido
My spin on a traditional Mexican favorite!
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil (if needed)
- 6 oz 6 ounces Chorizo – casing removed
- 1/4 Cup Diced Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Serrano – Minced
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 1 Poblano Pepper – Diced or sliced!
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400
- In a medium non-stick skillet, breakup and saute the Chorizo over medium-high heat, the Chorizo will release oils and turn dark. Remove the Chorizo to a plate. Add the Onions Serrano Peppers , Poblano Peppers and Garlic to the oil left in the skillet and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Return the Chorizo to the skillet stir to combine. Reserve.
- Put some of the cheese in your baking dish and sprinkle with half of the chorizo mixture. Top with the remaining Cheese. Bake until the Cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Serve with Flour or Corn Tortillas.