Just The Cook
- 6 small Fish Snapper, Pompano or Grouper scaled, gilled and gutted
- ½ teaspoon Oregano, Thyme leaves or Parsley Dry is better here
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ½ teaspoon Tellicherry Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch Flour works as well
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Score fish 3 or 4 times diagonally on both sides. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle each fish with a pinch of thyme (or oregano), garlic, pepper and salt. Rub each fish with salt and pepper,followed by the cornstarch, making sure it gets into the cuts.
- In a frying pot heat the oil over medium-high heat. Deep-fry one by one until golden brown on both sides. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with Fresh Lettuce, Tomatoes and garnish with the lime /Lemon wedges and salt on the side.