Just The Cook
- 6 Cups Fresh Whole Milk For this you want the fat, don't cheat on the Milk!
- 2 Cups Fresh Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Table Salt Fine grind, nothing fancy
- Olive Oil For Finishing
- Tellicherry Pepper For Finishing
- Using a Med sized sauce pan over medium high heat add the MIlk, Heavy Cream, Vinegar, Salt and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Be patient. Don't rush it! Once you see the Curds forming and rolling to the center of the pot set a timmer for two minutes.
- Place a strainer on top of another pot that is equal in size to the one you are cooking in. Line the strainer liberally with Cheese Cloth. Slowly pour the mixture on to the Cheese Cloth. Be careful, HOT.
- Bring the edges of the Cheese Cloth together forming a ball. Give it a light squeeze. Tie the Cheese Cloth off and rest it back in the strainer for 15-20 minutes.
- Please eat the Ricotta while warm!