Gradys Pizza Florentine
Just The Cook
Grady’s Pizza Florentine
- 1 lb Fresh Spinach Chopped
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Onion Minced
- 2 Pods Garlic Minced
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes Minced
- Tellicherry Pepper
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Fresh Ricotta See Recipe at www.JustTheCook.com
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream Don't use too much!
Jalapeno Artichoke Mix
- 1 Jalapeno Small Dice
- 1 Cup Artichokes Soften and chop
More Stuff for the Pizza
- 1 10" Flour Tortilla
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- Dry fry the flour tortilla until crisp. Don't let it swell up, Don't burn it, take your time. When done it should be very crisp. Think CRISPY!
Jalapeno Artichoke Mix
- Cut the Jalapeno into a Small Dice.
- Purchase the Artichokes that are in water! Remove the Artichokes from the container as they will need to be steamed or simmered to "Soften" them. Grady's simmered them.
- Once softened and cooled, chop them up to a medium dice.
- Blend the Artichokes and Jalapenos together in a non-reactive bowl (glass)
- Clean and Chop the fresh Baby Spinach.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add butter and just a splash of vegetable oil. Add the Onions and the minced Red Pepper Flakes. Wait two minutes and then add the Garlic, continue to saute' until the Onions are just getting soft.
- Add the fresh Spinach to the saute' pan, add the Nutmeg, Tellicherry Pepper and toss, toss, toss to combine.
- Once the Spinach has wilted, remove the pan from the heat. Add the Ricotta Cheese. Blend well with the mixture. The Ricotta will help to coll the Spinach!
- Whip one Egg in a ramekin and add to the Spinach mixture, stir to combine.
- Add the Heavy Cream and return the pan to low heat. Stir to combine!
- Taste, season and remove from heat.
- Simply blend the two Cheeses together.
Building Grady's Pizza Florentine!
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place the Crispy Flour Tortilla on a Pizza Stone or large sheet tray.You MUST work quicky, you do not want the Tortilla to get soggy! And remember to work in light amounts! Don't add too much of one thing.Start by adding a very thin layer of the Cheese mixture onto the Tortilla, this will help to create a barrier between the Tortilla and the Creamed Spinach.Now add the Creamed Spinach, now you will need to sprinkle the Jalapeno-Artichoke mixture over the Creamed Spinach.Finish by adding the Cheese mixture to the top of the Pizza!!
- Place the Pizza into the oven for 5 minutes! Do not let the Cheese burn, once the Cheese has melted you are ready!
My wife worked at Grady’s here in Memphis, we decided to finally share the proper recipe!