Flat Iron Fajitas
Just The Cook
Flat Iron Fajitas
The use of Flat Iron Steak in this recipe sets it apart from all others. Then we use the Reveo Marinator!!
- 1 Orange Juiced
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 4 Tbls Vegetable Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves Rough Chop
- 3 Chipotle Chili Peppers in Adobo sauce Rough Chop
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- Salt As needed
- 1 1/2 lbs Flat Iron Steak
- Tellicherry Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Julianne
- 1 Lg Sweet Onion Jullieanne
- Flour/Corn Tortillas
- Put the first eight ingredients into your marinator or a large zip lock bag. If using a plastic bag, place the prepared Flat Iron steak (see Below) in the plastic bag, shake, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Place first eight ingredients into your marinator, add the prepared Flat Iron Steak (see Below) Turn on marinator for 20 minutes.
- Season the meat with Cumin, Corriander and Tellicherry Pepper. Using a handheld meat tenderizer, not a hammer. Poke and tenderize the meat. If you donot own one you can use a fork. Tenderize both sides of the Steak.
- Once the desired marinated time has passed, remove the steak but reserve the marinade mixture.
- lightly oil a large cast iron skillet over med heat. Add the Steak and cook till just before the desired doneness. Transfer meat to cutting board and allow to rest.
- Add the reserved marinade mixture to the skillet, then add the Bell Peppers and Onions. Slice the Flat Iron Steak and add to mixture when you have one minute to go! Saute the mixture but do not over cook, the vegetbles should still have a crunch to them once done.
- Remove Mixture and Steak to a glass or ceramic pot with a lid. Set aside.
- Here's the best part! Heat your Flour or Corn Tortillas in the same skillet, hold in a Tortilla warmer or wrap in aluminum foil.
- Serve at once! Go to www.JustTheCook.com for Pico De Gallo recipe and don't forget to locate Mexican Table Cream!