Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos
Just The Cook
Mexican Pulled Pork
My version of One Pot Mexican Pulled Pork
- 2 lb Boston Butt Pork shoulder only if you have to LOL
- 4 Lg Onions Quartered
- 4 10 Oz Mexican Stewed Tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp Ancho Chile Powder
- 4 Tbsp Cayenne Powder
- 4 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 8 Bay Leaves
- Vegetable Oil
- Rinse and pat dry the Boston Butt
- Lightly season with salt on all sides. BURY that puppy in fresh cracked Tellicherry Pepper!
- In a very lerge pot, cover the bottom with Vegetable Oil and bring to medium heat.Sear all sides of the meat, make sure you end up with a uniform crust.Add Onions and Garlic. Allow the Onions to Saute!Add all of the Stewed Tomatoes, stir. Add all of the spices!Add enough water to just barley cover the meat, you want the liquid to absorb!Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. ^hour cook time or until the meat freely shreads!
I do not like to cover the pot with a tight lid. Here is why, some of the steam created by the cooking process will get past the lid however, more of the steam with stay circulating in the pot, this added moisture will effect the flavor. Not in a good way. It is better to add water as needed, stir and partially cover only to help the Liquid to come back to a boil.