8 Hour Deviled Eggs
Just The Cook
The 8 Hour Deviled Egg
- 6 Large Eggs
- Spicy Mustard
- Cayenne Pepper
- Pulled Pork From the 6 hour pulled Pork recipe
- Mexican Table Cream
- Prepare your grill for smoking! See video on Twitch.tv/JustTheCook
- Place the Eggs In the bottom of a very large pot, add enough COLD water to cover Eggs by about two inches.
- Turn the heat on high, as soon as the water boils, remove the pot from the heat and cover the pot with a lid.
- Prepare an ice bath! Big glass bowl, add water and ice.
- After ten minutes, remove the Eggs from the hot water and transfer to the cold bath with a large slotted spoon.
- Once the Eggs are cool enough to touch, crack the shells off under running water.
- With a sharp knife, slice the Eggs in half and remove the Egg Yolks. Place the Egg Yolks on a sheet pan covered with aluminum foil.
- Take the Egg Yolks to the smoker and smoke the eggs for 1 1/2 hours – 2 hours depending on the color. Again, see the video!
- Once the Yolks are cooked, rest them to cool. Smash with a fork and combine with a fork.
- Blend the Yolks with Mayo, Spicy Mustard, Cayenne Pepper then fold in the pulled pork. Place the folded mixture into the cavity of the Boiled Egg. Drizzle with Mexican Table Cream